The best experience I've ever had

Last year I did my first trip abroad and I can say it was the best experience I've ever had! Travelling is like changing an old B&W televison to a brand-new colored widescreen. You see things so much better! You have so much fun! You amplified your limits, being able to make better comparisons. You become addict to it. :o)

Reading a magazine today I've found an interesting article, written by Martha Medeiros (a very good brazilian writer). She describes her experience in letting her teen daughter travel out of Brazil. At the end of the article there is a poem written by her about 12 years ago, that reminded me of my adventure to Canada.

"I've embarked my daughter in the ship and said, my daughter, go
said, my daughter go to find out what exists
in the other side of the ocean
I embarked and said, go
my daughter, find out what exists
that aren't possible to tell
said, go and look with your own eyes
what none love can detail
go, my dauhter, dream
and know the world better to better navigate
I said, go, my daughter
cross the frontiers and find
what exists in the other side, I said
go, that I'll wait for you here,
my daughter, I stay waiting for you,
I said go, that I keep your place".

Ano passado eu fiz minha primeira viagem para fora do país e posso dizer que foi a melhor experiência da minha vida! Viajar é como trocar uma TV antiga, em preto e branco, por uma novinha, colorida, tela grande. Você passa a ver as coisas tão melhor! Você se diverte tanto! Você amplia seus limites, se tornando capaz de fazer melhores comparações. Você fica viciado nisso. :o)

Lendo uma revista hoje, encontrei um artigo interessante escrito por Martha Medeiros (uma ótima escritora por sinal). Ela descreve sua experiência em deixar sua filha, muito jovem, viajar para fora do Brasil. Ao final do artigo ela cita um poema escrito por ela mesma há cerca de 12 anos, que lembrou minha aventura no Canadá.

"Embarquei minha filha no navio e disse, minha filha, vai
disse, minha filha vai
descobrir o que há do outro lado do mar
embarquei e disse, vai
minha filha, descobrir o que há
que não se pode contar
disse, vai e olha com teus olhos
o que amor nenhum pode detalhar
vai, minha filha, sonhar
e conhecer melhor o mundo para melhor navegar
disse, vai, minha filha
atravessar fronteiras e encontrar
o que existe do lado de lá, eu disse
vai, que eu fico te esperando aqui,
minha filha, eu fico te aguardando,
eu disse, vai que eu guardo o teu lugar".

Comentários

Anônimo disse…
Travelling does make one dream. Which is exactly the point. Living with one culture and one place makes you set limits - sometimes unconsciously.

Besides meeting people you also get to experience and live a different lifestyle. It's like getting injected with a whole new dose of enthusiasm. If you really like the place, you will come back renewed. If you didn't, you will come back appreciating what you've got even more.

So when is your next trip?
Yazi disse…
Traveling, exploring new places things is so much fun, i agree! glad you had good time visiting Canada.

hey thanks for adding me to your link, I am doing same. I like visiting you blog (:

good day!
Tathiana Sobroza disse…
Hey Harsh!
I am not sure yet, but for sure somewhere, somehow (lol). The details I'll see later. Why not India? :)


Yazi, thanks for adding me! :o)
Anônimo disse…
Very nicce!

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Changing your perspective

My testimony

What's the difference of being different?