What is 'for sure'?



How many times we get surprises from life...
Sometimes desired in our hearts, they can make us the happiest person in the world.
Other times unexpected, they hurt us so profoundly that it seems to be hard to breath.
These daily surprises of life are actually the life itself.

I am the kind of person who make plans for everything, living always ahead of time. Or behind, analyzing my past. My favorite questions are "Have I done the right thing?" or "What would have happened if I had done that?". Questions that will never end, because past and future will last forever.

So today I ask "What about today?". Why do we make so many plans if these surprises of life come, sometimes obligating us to start all over again?

I still believe it is important to think of both past and future; to avoid mistakes, to improve, to achieve goals, to make the difference, to be happy... But if that costs us the present, then we should care less for the future. No one should live only of plans or memories. Much better to make them tools to live a better life... now! ;o)

"Of everything, 3 things last:
The certainty that we are starting;
The certainty that we must continue;
The certainty that we might be interrupted before we finish;

Therefore, we should:
Make the interruption a new path;
The falling, a dance step;
The fear, a staircase;
The dream, a bridge;
The search, a encounter;
And then, it will have been worth it".
(Fernando Pessoa)

Althought no one is able to get back to the past to make a new beginning, everyone can start now and make a new end". (Chico Xavier)

"Wherever you are now, this is the place to start" (Kabir)

Wish you all the best!

P.S. These poems were translated by myself from portuguese.

Comentários

krystyna disse…
Hi Tathiana!
I found what I needed today. Your post lift up my mood and my soul. Thanks!
Have a successful, great time!
Yazi disse…
Hi Tathi,

As she said an inspiring, thoughtful post. Thanks,

missed u! ;)
yazi~/

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Changing your perspective

My testimony

What's the difference of being different?