Would you like to hold the candle?

There is a story that comes to my mind every now and then, since I've heard it from a close friend of mine. That was some days ago, while I was sort of complaining about having too much responsabilities to carry on.

When he told me that story, I stopped. There wasn't space for complaining anymore. By that time, I became sure that life is what you want it to be. It is also what you choose to see.

I might not tell the story the best way, but I'll try. By the moment I heard it, it sounded magic to me...

Sometimes life puts you in a position, as if you were holding a candle. This candle is necessary to illuminate yourself and the others around you. It is dark and you are the person who holds the candle.

While you see yourself as a privileged person for being in that position, you'll be very proud, happy and thankful. On the other hand, as soon as you start thinking of it as tiring or an obligation, the simple candle will turn to a heavy pack to carry. Then you will stop and see all the darkness around you.

So, if you are in this position... if you are the one who carries the candle in your family, in your job, among your friends... think twice before you decide to stop to see the darkness. See yourself as a hero, if necessary, but don't see this position as a pack, cause it is not. Remember that not everybody is enough prepared to hold the candle. Just some people are.

It was interesting to read a verse this morning in the Bible, right after I decided to write this post. The verse is from the book of John. "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness". John 12:46

*Tomorrow the carnival starts here in Brazil, so I won't be logging much. I'll take advantage of my broken PC to take a rest and enjoy the sun... Hope you all have a good weekend! God bless! :o)

Comentários

Mat Kool disse…
Wow. What a beautiful posting. Wish there are more people like you on earth.
Anônimo disse…
Hi Tathian!
Now, I know why you are happy.
Your're walking with God. Great!
This is wonderful story.
Thanks for sharing.
God bless you!
Yazi disse…
this is very nice post!!

It reminds me of someone that once said to me when i was going through bad phase that "you might have lost your way down here, but God up there knows what he's doing. If you were'nt good enough for this you would be doing something else, somewhere else"

I did say when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change..

See you! have fun ova weekend (:
Tathiana Sobroza disse…
Thanks a lot! :o)

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Changing your perspective

My testimony

What's the difference of being different?